A Little About Me

After growing up making all the sweets at every family gathering and holiday, I fell in love with desserts. I chose to attend the Culinary Arts program at Brigham Young University Idaho. After graduating I have worked at various jobs making cakes and other goodies. The most recent being the Pastry Chef for the Oxford University Club, Taylor Grocery Special Events Catering in Oxford, Mississippi, and now my mom's farm-Fiddlin Rooster Farm- in Water Valley, MS. I have many family recipes and several of my own that I enjoy making and would love to make them for you.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Super Mario!

My sister made this awesome cake for her son's 8Th birthday and let me help with some of the decorations for it! We had so much fun reminiscing of playing this game growing up! And singing the famous song! Jamie it looked amazing and tasted just as wonderful!

She let her son pick the flavor which was interesting but actually worked! It was a chocolate blueberry cake! Yes I said blue berry with chocolate! She used a red velvet cake and mixed in blue berries and used a cream cheese filling and frosting! Nice combination!
I made the mushroom men, the rock edging, and the clouds. Then helped make the hat for Mario which was a collaboration between mom and Jamie. But the rest was all Jamie! How cool is that man eating plant!



I loved working on this, Thank you Jamie!

No comments:

Post a Comment