A Little About Me

After growing up making all the sweets at every family gathering and holiday, I fell in love with desserts. I chose to attend the Culinary Arts program at Brigham Young University Idaho. After graduating I have worked at various jobs making cakes and other goodies. The most recent being the Pastry Chef for the Oxford University Club, Taylor Grocery Special Events Catering in Oxford, Mississippi, and now my mom's farm-Fiddlin Rooster Farm- in Water Valley, MS. I have many family recipes and several of my own that I enjoy making and would love to make them for you.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hoggard-Doggett Wedding!

I had the opportunity to work on a wedding this past week in Oxford Mississippi. I made a 4 tier wedding cake, groom's cake, and dessert bar. It turned out beautiful even after a few stressful moments when we realized we had run out of fondant. But my wonderful sister Christie drove down from Memphis to bring us some and help with all the Alabama A's. Thank you mom and Christie for all your support and hard work in helping me get this delivered on time.

The wedding cake layers were strawberry, white, and Italian cream. It was iced in butter cream frosting with fresh flowers on top. As for the groom's cake and table it was all golf and Alabama themed! He chose a banana cake with cream cheese icing. We made sugar cookies, strawberry pecan coconut, and lemon mini pies, cake lollies, and petit fours.

The groom's mom did a wonderful job of decorating the table for the groom's cake and the dessert display. I love the candles with the golf balls and tee's in it.







Yes, these are real petite fours! Not what most people consider them to be. They are made from my petit four cake recipe out of my pastry chef book that mom has swiped! They are two to three layers depending upon size and have an apricot filling. I have made them with chocolate which is really good, but these were the normal ones. To top them off they have a layer of marzipan and are iced in a white chocolate glaze. Yummie! I had several while making them!

Thank you again Megan and Patrick for trusting me with your desserts on such a special day!

1 comment:

  1. Leanna,
    The cakes were absolutely perfect! Both beautiful and tasty!! I got sooooo many compliments on both cakes and how good they were. I've actually already had one person ask me for your name and number so hopefully you will get some more business from the wedding. I was blown away at how great both cakes and the cake tables looked and thought they both turned out perfect! And everyone loved all the desserts on the grooms table. We haven't gotten our pictures back from the photographer yet, but there should be some of us cutting the cake and I will send them to you when I get them. I saw the blog and the pictures you took look great! Also, if I can help you out in any way in the future, by providing a reference or whatever, please let me know! I will definitely give you a glowing review!! Although not that you need it because your work speaks for itself! Seriously, all of our guests were very impressed. The cakes were amazing, thank you again for everything!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete