A Little About Me

After growing up making all the sweets at every family gathering and holiday, I fell in love with desserts. I chose to attend the Culinary Arts program at Brigham Young University Idaho. After graduating I have worked at various jobs making cakes and other goodies. The most recent being the Pastry Chef for the Oxford University Club, Taylor Grocery Special Events Catering in Oxford, Mississippi, and now my mom's farm-Fiddlin Rooster Farm- in Water Valley, MS. I have many family recipes and several of my own that I enjoy making and would love to make them for you.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Cakes and Pies Galore!

I spent the last 2 weeks at my mom's farm helping her with 2 weddings and her daily bread deliveries. Here are the desserts from one of the weddings. I will post the bread later and the other wedding as well.

I went to the farmer's market Saturday morning and lucked out on this bag full of fresh Blackberries for only 7 dollars! So I made the pie above for our family and I used some in one of the cakes below. They were so delicious!
This was the wedding cake for the Barn Dance reception held on the 5th at the farm. It was a 6 layer chocolate cake!
My mom and I combined our efforts to make all the desserts in the display so that it wasn't empty during the reception. Since she is shut down during the summer with the exception of special orders and events.
I had the cake in the fridge because our kitchen was so hot while the oven was running. So if you look close the cake started to sweat from the temperature change! It was 93 outside!
We made peach, blue berry, and chocolate cobbler for the guests to enjoy with a scoop of ice cream!
Below are close ups of the cakes in the display. I didn't have time to take pictures so I gave the camera to someone to take some for me. She did her best without opening the glass. Unfortunately there is a slight glare on a few. I need to get better about taking the pictures before putting them in the case!








2 comments: