A Little About Me

After growing up making all the sweets at every family gathering and holiday, I fell in love with desserts. I chose to attend the Culinary Arts program at Brigham Young University Idaho. After graduating I have worked at various jobs making cakes and other goodies. The most recent being the Pastry Chef for the Oxford University Club, Taylor Grocery Special Events Catering in Oxford, Mississippi, and now my mom's farm-Fiddlin Rooster Farm- in Water Valley, MS. I have many family recipes and several of my own that I enjoy making and would love to make them for you.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Bread!

So my mom is making bread for a new grocery store in down town Water Valley, Mississippi. Each day she makes 12 loaves of wheat, 8 loaves of white, 15 cookies, and 12 breakfast pastries of her choice. So for the past 2 weeks I have been working with her and helping with the orders. Here are some pictures of what all we made!

In the gift shop we displayed some of the bread and croutons for guests to purchase.

We made Italian, plain, and ranch flavored croutons. They were so yummie!
Doug and Mom bagging and labeling the bread
With some of the extra dough mom wanted to play around so she braided this loaf.

All the bread had to completely cool before being bagged, so it wouldn't get soggy from the steam.
We discovered that our wheat recipe had to be slashed on top not just to make it look nice but also to prevent a bubble from forming directly under the crust!

We made cinnamon rolls, scones, crescents, fruit pastries, and lots of bread and cookies! I ate fresh bread all week! It was so yummie!

No comments:

Post a Comment