A Little About Me

After growing up making all the sweets at every family gathering and holiday, I fell in love with desserts. I chose to attend the Culinary Arts program at Brigham Young University Idaho. After graduating I have worked at various jobs making cakes and other goodies. The most recent being the Pastry Chef for the Oxford University Club, Taylor Grocery Special Events Catering in Oxford, Mississippi, and now my mom's farm-Fiddlin Rooster Farm- in Water Valley, MS. I have many family recipes and several of my own that I enjoy making and would love to make them for you.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

NAUIAB luncheon

I made this cake for a large meeting last Monday. I had no idea what the group was, they just sent me the logo. It was a fun cake to make. It's just a simple white sheet cake with butter cream icing. But what made it great was the gum paste magnolia. It was a leftover flower from a previous cake. I remembered that I had saved it and thought it would be great to use. I could have made one out of butter cream, but it wouldn't have had the same look! The ribbon is the only other part that isn't icing. I made it with fondant and then dusted on copper and gold luster dust. They took a professional picture with Judge Graves making the first cut. I can't wait till they get me a copy. I will post it when they do. And it will be on the http://taylorgrocerycatering.com website. As are other pictures from the banquet last week.


No comments:

Post a Comment