A Little About Me

After growing up making all the sweets at every family gathering and holiday, I fell in love with desserts. I chose to attend the Culinary Arts program at Brigham Young University Idaho. After graduating I have worked at various jobs making cakes and other goodies. The most recent being the Pastry Chef for the Oxford University Club, Taylor Grocery Special Events Catering in Oxford, Mississippi, and now my mom's farm-Fiddlin Rooster Farm- in Water Valley, MS. I have many family recipes and several of my own that I enjoy making and would love to make them for you.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Baby Blessing cake for the Britt's

Well it has taken me too long to post these pictures. I have had a few day's off work but I just haven't touched the blog until today. I made this cake for a friend who was blessing her twins at church. She had family in town and wanted something special for them. The cake is a lemon cake with lemon butter cream icing. I decided to decorate it in the colors she used in her nursery. The fun part that I found out after making the cake is that each boy has a blanket in there color just like the teddy bears are holding. I am so glad they had me make this cake for such a special occasion.
I sprinkled the tops of the cake with sanding sugar to add a little bit to the flat off white color.
Each teddy bear is made out of fondant and then painted to look more real.
I'm sad that the pictures came out so fuzzy the blankets were scored to look like a quilt.
Thanks again Britt family I hope yall enjoyed every bite.

2 comments:

  1. thank you it was fun to make! I love making cakes when I can just play around and not copy or duplicate past ideas.

    ReplyDelete