A Little About Me

After growing up making all the sweets at every family gathering and holiday, I fell in love with desserts. I chose to attend the Culinary Arts program at Brigham Young University Idaho. After graduating I have worked at various jobs making cakes and other goodies. The most recent being the Pastry Chef for the Oxford University Club, Taylor Grocery Special Events Catering in Oxford, Mississippi, and now my mom's farm-Fiddlin Rooster Farm- in Water Valley, MS. I have many family recipes and several of my own that I enjoy making and would love to make them for you.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Jennifer and Adam's Wedding!

I was so happy to do this wonderful cake last weekend for a friend of mine. She gave me freedom to create a cake that was unique to her and not just taken from another design. We designed it around her dress and theme. She wore this beautiful old lace dress, the tables were decorated with heirloom crocheted doilies and vases with buttons on them. So we incorporated both of those into the cake. It turned out beautiful that day and I'm so happy for them!
Jennifer found these amazing edible vintage buttons and she made the bird topper herself!

The layers were flavored white, strawberry, and chocolate hazelnut, with a vanilla almond butter cream icing. Thank you Jennifer I had so much fun making this for y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment