A Little About Me

After growing up making all the sweets at every family gathering and holiday, I fell in love with desserts. I chose to attend the Culinary Arts program at Brigham Young University Idaho. After graduating I have worked at various jobs making cakes and other goodies. The most recent being the Pastry Chef for the Oxford University Club, Taylor Grocery Special Events Catering in Oxford, Mississippi, and now my mom's farm-Fiddlin Rooster Farm- in Water Valley, MS. I have many family recipes and several of my own that I enjoy making and would love to make them for you.

Friday, January 15, 2010

More desserts from Christmas

My mother and I have perfected petite-fores! She was determined to find the right recipe, so with a little work we did it. The ones below are 2 flavors first a simple fruit flavored one and then a almond chocolate one. Mom made the cake and helped with the layers I made the chocolate filling and decorated the tops.
I also made some chocolate almond truffles to use up some chocolate I had melted.


Here are some more cupcakes we made for family.

And finally another gift basket we made. This one had more savory items instead of sweets because the recipient was diabetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment