A Little About Me

After growing up making all the sweets at every family gathering and holiday, I fell in love with desserts. I chose to attend the Culinary Arts program at Brigham Young University Idaho. After graduating I have worked at various jobs making cakes and other goodies. The most recent being the Pastry Chef for the Oxford University Club, Taylor Grocery Special Events Catering in Oxford, Mississippi, and now my mom's farm-Fiddlin Rooster Farm- in Water Valley, MS. I have many family recipes and several of my own that I enjoy making and would love to make them for you.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Aiden's birthday cake!

Happy Birthday Aiden!
Every now and then I get to work on a cake with my sisters. This one was for my nephew Aiden who turned 7 this past week. He had a sponge bob themed birthday party. Usually his mom, my sister Jamie, makes all of there cakes (you can see her work herehttp://southernsweetcakes.blogspot.com/). Unfortunately she was sick and couldn't touch anything in the kitchen Christie my talented younger sister made the cake and while she did that I made sponge bob and his friend Patrick. Christie also has a site to show her work here http://christiescakes.blogspot.com/. I wish we lived closer so we could open a shop together. We are kind of like Ace of cakes in the aspect that we each excel in different areas of the pastry world. When we combine our talents we create these wonderful edible creations.
I made sponge bob out of fondant and gum paste.
Patrick was fun because he looked the most like himself! We kept imitating his voice saying, "Hey Sponge bob!" And then we would dance him around the counter.


I can't wait to make another cake with the girls it's so much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment